Saturday, March 19, 2005

Fifth Action: Spring Beach Cleanup

Today my special lady and I went to the Great Oregon Spring Beach Cleanup which was set up by SOLV, keeping Oregon green, and it was GREAT! After checking in at Tillamook we took a little drive to Oceanside. The beach was already pretty clean when we got there, and there were about 10 different little groups of people, but we went and cleaned up a little bit. We almost died a couple of times when we were searching for garbage next to a big cliff wall. There were several large rocks that plummeted from the cliff; I think it is the rains fault, which nearly hit us. It was kind of scary, but we were troopers working for a cause. After about an hour of cleaning up the beach we came back to my car and had the Great Car Cleanup. Overall it went well, and I would be glad to do it again.

SHAME ON ALL OF YOU THAT DID NOT GO BECAUSE OF THE RAIN!

No comments: