Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Activism, another option to be revolutionary

Wow, It seems like now I have three options. I can either be a revolutionary, a renegade or an activist

activist - ac·tiv·ist n.
One involved in the use of direct, often confrontational action, such as a demonstration or strike, in opposition to or support of a cause.

According to the American Civil Liberties Union an activist can be from any race, gender, educational background or part of town. An activist is simply someone who cares enough to use his or her time and energy to work on an issue.

Which is AWESOME! This gives me allot of options to change some stuff, because I definitely fit in one of the categories given by the ACLU.

Besides eating less meat, I think that I should get involved in my community as well. At the very least I think I should be informed about what is going on in my city/county/state/country/world.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Eric,
'activist' is a noun, not an adjective.

Also: Are you Polish? I am, so I was just wondering.