Sunday, February 20, 2005

Volunteering

The reason that I am starting this social revolution is simple. When you are looking for something, and you cannot find it, you have to make it. I could not find a better way to help fix the things that are important to me, so I am creating a way to fix these problems through my new revolution. One of the easiest ways I have found to change a problem, is to take action. It requires a little more than complaining, but the benefits are tenfold. If you want to make a change in your community or have an effect on society, one of the most productive things you can do is volunteer. Volunteering is a great form of public service, and shows that you think something should be fixed, by physically doing it. I know that I just recently started volunteering, but I will not stop. I will become focused, and hopefully down the road, I will start coordinating projects instead of just joining them. I encourage all of my 5 readers to get out and do something, from walking dogs at a humane society, to cleaning up a beach. The most important thing is that you get involved in what is important to you, if you want more ideas go to VolunteerMatch. Thank you.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Thanks for the comment. How did u come across my page?

Anyway, you're lucky. I wish we had more volunteer options here in the Phils. There's not much we can do right now, but the options are increasing.