Monday, February 28, 2005

Third Action: Speaking with Senate and House

Today I drove for two hours to Salem Oregon, my states capital, to speak with my representatives in the house and the senate. This was a great thing to do for my revolution, because I got heard by people who can really make a difference, and at least one of them liked what I had to say.

Today was environmental lobby day, and I learned how to effectively speak with my representatives, and I learned about a variety of issues. I pushed my representatives to endorse bio-diesel, create a protective habitat for fish, and get the Department of Environmental Quality to monitor the emissions of various toxins into the Columbia, and Willamette River.

Overall this was a great experience. I learned that the people in the House of Representatives and the Senate of Oregon are very approachable. They are ordinary people, except, they have a larger say in what is happening than most voters.

This has prompted me to write allot more about visiting your capital, and how to lobby effectively. I plan on doing this in future posts, but until then, I encourage everyone to try and get involved in your communities.

4 comments:

Enlargement said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about care diabetes) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about care diabetes related articles and subjects.

cash at home said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a marketing lead site. It pretty much covers marketing lead related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

jon said...

Surfing some of the gay lesbian blogs today I stumbled onto your blog. I liked it! Thanks for the posts...

Tom Naka said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for united health care on line
and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?