Saturday, February 12, 2005

Definitions

I guess the only way for me to make a revolution / become revolutionary is to figure out what that means. I probably should have thought of looking for definitions first, but i thought of it like fourth, but that is just the beggining.

Revolution - rev·o·lu·tion n.
1: a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving; "the industrial revolution was also a cultural revolution"
2: the overthrow of a government by those who are governed
3: a single complete turn (axial or orbital); "the plane made three rotations before it crashed"; "the revolution of the earth about the sun takes one year"

Revolutionary - rev·o·lu·tion·ar·y adj.
1: markedly new or introducing radical change; "a revolutionary discovery"; "radical political views"
2: relating to or having the nature of a revolution; "revolutionary wars"; "the Revolutionary era"
3: advocating or engaged in revolution; "revolutionary pamphlets"; "a revolutionary junta" n: a radical supporter of political or social revolution

It looks like I have a lot of options with these definitions. I do not think I will join a revolutionary junta, but maybe I can make one. I will have to find out what that is before I can decide.

Junta - jun·ta n. 1:A group of military officers ruling a country after seizing power. 2: A council or small legislative body in a government, especially in Central or South America. 3: A junto.

My experience with Spanish tells me that a junto is just a boy junta. I am pretty sure that my revolution is going to start small, so I will probably have to decide against having a junta; at least in the beginning of my revolution.

Another thing that looks good to me is the revolution, like a complete turn, that will probably be the easiest type of revolution to accomplish. I am going to shoot in between a complete turn and a junta. Wish me luck.

No comments: