Monday, February 14, 2005

Revolutionary = Renegade (Maybe)

I think that I will get the option to become either a revolutionary, or a renegade, OR BOTH! It appears as if they are very similar:

Renegade - ren·e·gade n. 1. One who rejects a religion, cause, allegiance, or group for another; a deserter. 2. An outlaw; a rebel.

Revolutionary - rev·o·lu·tion·ar·y adj.
1: markedly new or introducing radical change; "a revolutionary discovery"; "radical political views"
2: advocating or engaged in revolution; "revolutionary pamphlets"; "a revolutionary junta" n: a radical supporter of political or social revolution

It pretty much looks like these two can be related. Also we can relate them by how Rage Against the Machine's Lyrics of "Renegades" matches up with Time's list of Revolutionaries

Nothing stayed the same, but there were always renegades
Like Chief Sitting Bull, Tom Paine
Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X
They were renegades of their time and age
So many renegades
-- RATM

TIME's list matches with one: Martin Luther King. Therefore; King was a revolutionary and a renegade. Furthermore, I can become one or the other. But I do not really want to be an outlaw, or go to jail, I just want to change some stuff. And I will, as soon as I figure out what some stuff is. Any suggestions would be welcome.

No comments: